Behaviour for learning and Expectations
The Academy approach to behaviour management strategy is based on the Steps model which is a therapeutic, restorative approach. This recognises the key role for all staff to ‘teach’ pro-social behaviour and requires that all staff are responsible for growing ‘internal discipline’ in the pupils we teach.
- It is important for children to know that all members of staff follow the same codes of acceptable and unacceptable behaviour so that children are treated fairly and consistently.
- Provide a consistent approach to behaviour management
- Define what we consider to be anti-social behaviour, including child-on-child abuse
- Outline how pupils are expected to behave
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of different people in the Academy community with regards to behaviour management
- Outline our system of rewards and consequences
Please download the file below for information on our Behaviour for Learning policy.